The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rockland is a open, liberally religious, welcoming congregation offering fellowship, an opportunity for free expression of ideas and spiritual growth. As such we strive to support one another, explore moral assumptions, promote social action and celebrate the interdependant web of of life.
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rockland (Formerly the First Unitarian Society of Rockland County) founded in 1956, is an independent religious organization affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association. We are the denomination's only congregation in Rockland County. Our belief is in a religion without dogma, which allows the individual to develop a faith and values meaningful to his or her own life.
Unitarian Universalists focus their attention on human existence in the natural world and universe. Our concerns include spiritual, intellectual and ethical values as applied to the social and life issues of today.
The Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
Helping Hands News
Helping Hands will be with us for the first evening of the season on Thurs., Nov. 12. Their first three-night stay will be Dec. 16, 17, and 18. Please mark your calendars and see what you may be able to do to help our guests. Ya'El Williams, Dir. of the Helping Hands program, visited with us on Sunday 10/18, to explain the program and the changes in the coming season.
- Nov. 8: BOW Meeting: Noon/Membership Meeting: Noon
- Nov. 12: Helping Hands Overnight Shelter
- Nov. 15: Dec. Newsletter Deadline: 6 pm
- Nov. 21: Yoga/Jane Cowan: 3:00 pm / Saturday Worship Service:: 4:30 pm
- Nov. 22: Potluck after service: 11:30 pm
Yoga with Jane
C ome join us on Sunday mornings between 8 and 9:15 am for Yoga at UUCR. Schedule and details can be found here on the Facebook page. Here is the LINK.
UUCR is now recording many of our sermons and posting on our website. Click the link to be taken to our Audio page. Sermon (Audio)
Amazon Associates Program
Please help support UUCR by using the Amazon link on this website. This costs you nothing additional but UUCR gets credit back totally 4% of your purchase. (If you are not seeing the Amazon icon please disable your ad blocking software.) Tell your family – tell your friends.