The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rockland is a open, liberally religious, welcoming congregation offering fellowship, an opportunity for free expression of ideas and spiritual growth. As such we strive to support one another, explore moral assumptions, promote social action and celebrate the interdependant web of of life.
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rockland (Formerly the First Unitarian Society of Rockland County) founded in 1956, is an independent religious organization affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association. We are the denomination's only congregation in Rockland County. Our belief is in a religion without dogma, which allows the individual to develop a faith and values meaningful to his or her own life.
Unitarian Universalists focus their attention on human existence in the natural world and universe. Our concerns include spiritual, intellectual and ethical values as applied to the social and life issues of today.
The Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
UU District of Metro NY Annual Meeting - May 6-7, 2016 Hyatt Morristown, Morristown NJ
Yoga with Jane
C ome join us on most Sunday mornings between 8 and 9:15 am for Yoga at UUCR. Schedule and details can be found here on the Facebook page. Here is the LINK.
Amazon Associates Program
Please help support UUCR by using the Amazon link on this website. This costs you nothing additional but UUCR gets credit back totally 4% of your purchase. (If you are not seeing the Amazon icon please disable your ad blocking software.) Tell your family – tell your friends.