The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Rockland (Formerly the First Unitarian Society of Rockland County) founded in 1956, is an independent religious organization affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association. We are the denomination's only congregation in Rockland County. Our belief is in a religion without dogma, which allows the individual to develop a faith and values meaningful to his or her own life.
Unitarian Universalists focus their attention on human existence in the natural world and universe. Our concerns include spiritual, intellectual and ethical values as applied to the social and life issues of today.
The Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
UU YOGA with Jane.
Yoga classes are held each Sunday morning at 8am and meditation at 9:30 am. Please join our meet up group at http://www.meetup.com/Pomona-UU-Yoga-and-Meditation-Meetup/ in order to stay up to date with our schedule and any cancellations.
UUCR is now recording many of our sermons and posting on our website. Click the link to be taken to our Audio page. Sermon (Audio)
Amazon Associates Program
Go to our website: www.uurocklandny.org and scroll down and to the right. When you see the Amazon icon, click on it and complete your order as usual. VOILA! I know it’s easy because I did it! This costs you nothing additional but UUCR gets credit back totally 4% of your purchase. (If you are not seeing the Amazon icon please disable your ad blocking software.) Tell your family – tell your friends.